Friday 25 February 2011

Day 2.

We had a good night's sleep, only disrupted once, when Thomas rolled out of bed.
One shout & he was back in again, still asleep.
We have made cookies, drawn, played word games, read & tricycled/scooted to the playground.
Thomas spent half an hour on a swing while Jessie practised on the assault course.
We came home to tea & Adrian arrived for the journey home.
We've had a great day, if simple.
The children have behaved impeccably, as usual.
There's an unwritten rule that you're always good for Granny.

I've had my fish & vegetables, along with a stuffed mushroom, followed by a brandy, for the digestion. The first alcohol that I've had at home in two months.
It must be the mushroom that did it - I should have taken note of
Shirley Conran!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She said life was too short to stuff a mushroom, not to be confused with stuffing yourself with mushrooms.

Anonymous said...

I stuffed myself with stuffed mushrooms - you can't do more than that for 110 calories!
I still have two to eat - anothetr brandy tonight then.
g

Anonymous said...

Anothetr, how many have you had ?

Anonymous said...

were you pissed when you typed that last comment>

Anonymous said...

But some alcohol consumed in Bicester I seem to recall!!!. Oh and an apocryphal story about KP not being very good for granny at all - but granny hasn't let on - T and KP spilled the beans!!
E

Anonymous said...

Story relayed to B / one small incident re taking an umbrella to oxford.
Otherwise, both were their brilliant selves.
g