Saturday 12 February 2011

Al dressed up & ............

It's been a beautiful day today, warm & sunny - I hoped to do some gardening, but ran out of time.
I have just returned from the hairdressers, feeling very glam - I wish that I could make my hair look like Bryan does. Of course, this comes at a cost, monetary as well s listening to the aforementioned Bryan for an hour.
I had a lazy morning. I popped up to Coleshill to complete the vegetable buying for tomorrow's lunch, as JS didn't have any parsnips or cauliflower worth looking at - there are 12 of us for lunch; a fund raising effort for the church - £8, or what you think it was worth.
Hopefully, more than £8.
I have a nice piece of outdoor reared pork (always a firm favorite at the weekend) & a large chicken.
Deserts will be some of the old favourites.
Sherry as an aperitif & wine with the meal.
I've laid the table but there's a layer of dust to be dealt with before I settle down for the evening.
I had brunch (banana sandwich), washed the car thoroughly & cleaned the downstairs windows, whist the wash leather was out, when I got back from Coleshill, then back to Coleshill again.
What an adventurous day!

Yesterday was a Thomas day. We had a lovely day, despite Thomas being tired by Friday.
I did the shopping at JS on the way home, to save shopping today.
This wasn't 100% successful as stocks were low, hence today's trip.
I did visit the gym en route to pick up Thomas, so felt pleased with myself.

I have two Thomas days next week, Monday & Friday, so I shall get in two gym visits.
I'm visiting JR in between.
Not a lot of physical exercise there.

I have 9 piles of goodies on the kitchen table, for the grandchildren, having visited M&S sale.
I need to get organised as I'm visiting Bicester on the way home from JR.
I'd better tidy them out of the way before tomorrow.

I couldn't do any of the Telegraph crossword on Thursday or Friday.
Either I'm losing it or the compiler is an alien.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

try "in ale" maybe you will find it easier.

Anonymous said...

Is this a crossword answer?
g

Anonymous said...

anagram of alien, possible that an intake of alcohol may assist in finding crossword easier.