Wednesday 23 February 2011

A day off.

I set my own agenda today, as G would say.
I went to the gym first thing, that is, it was the first thing I did, after getting out of bed & putting on my gym kit.
It was 9.30am by the time I arrived, just in time for "Jeremy Kyle".
After a scrub up, hair & make-up done, I went to see Ann, who has been very poorly for a month or so, with septicaemia, but is now well on the road to recovery.
We chatted for over three hours before I returned to Solihull to shop in preparation for Jessie & Thomas's visit tomorrow & Friday, after a well deserved cup of tea & a cheese scone in M&S.
The trying bit was yet to come: I bought a coffee maker on t'internet & had missed the attempted delivery on Monday & again on Tuesday.
I now had to collect it from Citi-link at Nechells.
I could not have attempted this without the satnav; on reflection, the rush hour, in the dark was not a good idea really. Nevertheless, I got there, down the horrible M6 & even ignored the satnav & made my own way home by Star City.
I was surprised that the jug sat on a shelf half way up the device, then I took my specs of & realised that it was inverted.
It is now washed & has had a practice run with water.
Tomorrow, I shall drink coffee!

I've had salmon & a bale of vegetables for dinner & really enjoyed it yet again.
Long may it last.

3 comments:

William said...

Sometimes you should enjoy the fact that nobody sees you do silly things like stinding coffee machines upside down and just chuckle to yourself about it without feeling the need to tell the rest of the world how silly you have been.
Nonetheless, it is quite funny!

Anonymous said...

Pot calling the kettle black there!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes.
It was dark & two of the bulbs have gone in the kitchen.
m