Saturday 19 February 2011

A bit chilly.

I'm having a very decadent day, due to the weather being damp & cold.
It is certainly not fit for gardening so I had a nice bath & then did a typical wet day/boring job of filing & paying bills to get everything up to date. I emptied G's rucksack from his travels & put away his things that were presumably not needed - crocs, mosquito net, towels, etc. The rest I put back for him to sort out later.
G phoned, only the second time we have spoken in nearly seven weeks. He seems to be having a good time & not missing me/home at all.

I've been to Coleshill to post the letters, recycle & collect some cleaning. I've planted some parsley & then cooked two fillets of salmon, one of which I've just eaten, with salad, for breakfast come lunch.
As it's nearly 4.00pm I decided to have an aj afternoon, stay in the warm & watch TV/ catch up with e-m ails, etc.
Actually, it's not that warm, but John & Dan Snow are on TV going through the battles in Britain, which is fascinating to someone with scant historical knowledge.
They've done Naseby, The Boyne & are now at Culloden.

I have lost 9lb since returning from Egypt & have not opened a single bottle of wine (I have had the odd glass of wine when out).
I feel much better, only another stone to go!
I do need some exercise, but it's just too cold & wet for a wimp.

No comments: