Friday 18 February 2011

Home again.

I've had another action-packed week; down to see JR on Tuesday morning with the cool bag containing lunch (scampi, chips, beans, tartare sauce & the remains of Sunday's deserts) along with my usual necessities of wholemeal bread, butter, bananas & semi-skimmed milk.
I arrived a little later than anticipated due to an accident on the M6.
JR had me dead & buried by the time I arrived, 15 minutes late.
A good lunch & treacle pud set him up again.
On Wednesday we went to catch up with Peter in Manningtree, not having seen him since September.
It's about an hours drive across country, which JR enjoyed, despite his limited vision.
We had a good lunch at the local garden centre, then back to Peter's house for a chat.
"Dear old Brian", the gardener, comes on Thursdays. I left shortly after 11.00am, confident that JR could cope with his lunch, with Brian's help - a little more complex than his usual "TV dinner", as they used to be called..
I went to see Gina & family. Gina has a friend & her two little daughters staying so Oscar was having a day off so they were all having fun in the garden.
I went on to Bicester in the afternoon to collect KP & then T, then home to have tea.
B arrived later & we all took T to his swimming lesson, then home to bed/dinner.
I did a sleepover, so was there to see KP on her birthday & take T to school before leaving to pick up Thomas from Nursery.
We had a gentle day as he was very tired.
Still, it's half term next week, so all of these tired little souls can have some lie-ins & relax.

There were 15 phone messages & a pile of mail when I arrived home, I have yet to look at the e-mails.
The blog counter was 22222 when I opened it this evening.
I think I shall buy a lottery ticket with every 2 I can manage this weekend; I'm not sure how that works out - ,2, 22, 2x2, 2x2x2, 2x2x2x2, 2x2x2x2x2. That's it.

I plan to have a lie-in tomorrow & then decide what to do next.
I shopped on the way home, so may spend a day in the garden, weather permitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would the pedants say lies-in?

Would that be sitting in the garden or working in it?
Perhaps spotting flying pigs!

Anonymous said...

Spotting flying pigs through the window due to inclement weather!
g

Anonymous said...

Thought so. G

Anonymous said...

Thought so. G