Wednesday 9 February 2011

Boots.

Thank you for the comments; I will try harder .
This morning we had a lie in as there were no steeplejacks coming to scale the roof & ogle us through the bedroom window.
We walked down to Acomb where aj caught the bus into town in order to go to McDonalds & harass diners as they munched their way through delicious chicken meals.
I had a potter around & then walked into town, went to McDonalds, sat at an empty table adjacent to the one where aj was harassing a diner. When approached by aj I asked loudly if this was Bettys, if not, I was leaving.
I pottered around lots of shops, had coffee in M&S then went back to meet aj two hours later, laden with M&S carriers.We came home on the bus & had a nice cup of tea & relaxed a little before going to a hotel at Skelton to take part in a survey about Boots (the chemist/pharmacist) for one & a half hours.
For our trouble we were given a goodie bag & £30 of Boots vouchers.
We came home & ate our "Count on us" lasagnes.
We have just watched Mary Portus, putting the fear of God into London estate agents.
Great!

Travelzoo has some good deals for Valentines day, especially in London,They have a 14 night cruise to see the Northern Lights for £699 instead of £1399 in March.
It sounds wonderful.

I've not heard from G for a couple of days so he must be having a good time somewhere.
Warmer & a bit wet today; home tomorrow.
Is this better, W?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately the northern lights may be obscured by further ash from the Icelandic volcano which may be about to blow ! this may make the cruise even cheaper of course.

Anonymous said...

Now you have heard from me! I'm in NhaTrang. Warm and sunny but quite developed great seafood but I've got a cold so even lobster thermidor is off the menu.
Went to an island offshore yesterday developed as a theme/waterpark (DMP on steroids). Why did I go?
moving on to HCMC tomorrow - all day by bus!! then going back to Hanoi on roiute to Thailand as Cambodia border with Thailand is in dispute so avoiding that route
seems prudent. Enjoying the experience though Tet (new year) has had significant cxomplicating effects but my guide/agent here is really invaluable and we party with his friends wherever we land.
Been a bit hecticwith nightbus travel nad a change of location.
This is about best connection yet but out in 10 mins for trip to islands. No diving as headcold!!!
No blog yet but copious notes so will do at some point.
love to all
G

Anonymous said...

A 14 day cruise from London to see the northern lights? Is that looking at the Whitby illuminations from the sea?

Anonymous said...

Hey nonnymouse - pleased you liked MY comment! G

Anonymous said...

I don't understand a lot of this.
Where is nonnymouse's comment?
Glad G is in contact again, apart from text.
g

Anonymous said...

I don't understand a lot of this.
Where is nonnymouse's comment?
Glad G is in contact again, apart from text.
g

Anonymous said...

I don't understand a lot of this.
Where is nonnymouse's comment?
Glad G is in contact again, apart from text.
g

Anonymous said...

I don't understand a lot of this.
Where is nonnymouse's comment?
Glad G is in contact again, apart from text.
g

Anonymous said...

I don't understand a lot of this.
Where is nonnymouse's comment?
Glad G is in contact again, apart from text.
g

Anonymous said...

What happened there????

Anonymous said...

a lack of understanding perhaps?.
Available by text to my vn or uk numbers.
G

Anonymous said...

But does it respond?
I think I must have been shivering.
g