Monday 13 October 2008

Pain stopped play.




We had a relaxing weekend, in warm sunshine.
We went to Star City on Friday evening but the place was crawling with police, checking on cars (not volvos!),there was nothing that we wanted to see so we drove home, picking up an Indian takeaway en route.

G had a haircut on Saturday in preparation for his epic journey, starting on Wednesday.
Paula came over with J & T in the afternoon & stayed overnight as A was gallivanting with a group of quatrogenerians, in Edinburgh, for the weekend.

On Sunday morning, J collected the acorns from the yard with the tractor & trailer & T's help, then visited the playground in the village, before lunch.
I had intended to play tennis this morning, but I was struck down with an infection on Friday night & have had to visit the doctor today, as even G's best efforts at the pharmacy, with powders & cranberry juice failed to bring about a cure.
I've had a lazy day so far - two loads of washing on the line & lounging on the settee, drinking weak, decaf tea. What a wuz!

I have had a second letter from the cousin in Georgia. Her grandmother died in 1936.
My grandmother, her younger sister, died in 1957, I think. She has photos of Mum in her youth, which are quite rare.

I need to put a link to G's blog. Instructions would be welcome.

DK should have his plaster off by now. What a shock to loose you own body weight in minutes.

Three words that spellcheck can't cope with. Guess.
I did make one of them up.

3 comments:

William said...

volvo, quatrogenarians and wuz

Anonymous said...

what is a volvo?
Explain why you like them
Why everyone who drives them is weird
Why people pay a lot of money for them
I know the first one you drove was bought by me - but I wouldn't buy another one.
I assume by wuz you mean wuss
As I write I am trying to figure out how to drive a Toyota Prius. It's a big like using an Apple computer
Don't you need a link to your ex's blog too?
I am one of your most ardent commenters.
How did the cousin end up in the states?
wrm

Anonymous said...

Well done W. Full marks!.
A volvo is a brilliant Swedish car that you can roll over three times & climb out of.
They are so comfortable, well made,& safe.
The headlights get washed after the windscreen.
The controls are simple.
There is a handbag compartment undur the dashboard.
They just keep going& never let you down.
I could go on..........
There are so many on the road here that I cannot believe that they are all weird - surely G & I disprove that one!

Isn't a Prius the car that all of the stars are buying?

She married an American after the war & eventually went home with him, I think.