Saturday 3 August 2013

Where did that week go to?

I cannot believe that it is Saturday & I've not blogged since Monday - a very busy week.
G went away on Monday - business out East.
I realise that at this time of year, when G is away, I just set my own agenda, which involves getting up early, to let the chickens out, at about 6.00am, being on the go all day & not really settling down until the light starts to go, about 9.30pm, when I put the chickens to bed again.
I've spent hours in the garden, which looks really good, spent time with friends, been out for coffee & lunch, shopped & done lots of sorting out in the house, as it's good to have the windows open & wash everything that is removable whilst the weather 's so good for drying.
may sound dull but I've enjoyed it all thoroughly.
The decorator is coming in Sept & life will be easier if I've shifted some stuff out that I no longer need or want.
I've chosen the wallpaper for two rooms so only have paint colours to decide, from his charts as he provides the paint.

Wed was my strangest day of the year: g has a Triumph 200 that I bought for his b'day some years ago - a car which had been in the family & cherished for many years theat he had often spoken about.
It became available on the death of the lifelong owner 7 J delivered it, on the drive, complete with large bow for his b'day morning.
it had been stored in JR's barn in Cambs for  some years, but is now being disposed of.
A friend who delivers vintage RR chassis had on eto deliver to Colchester & said he would collect the Triumph on the return journey.
G was going, to gain access to the barn at JR's/visit.
G had forgotten & was not here - I went instead as I couldn't think of another solution when this large Bentley truck arrived early on Wed am, before I was dressed.
I had a great day, sitting between two burley truckers, collecting & delivering the RR, lunch at a truckers' café & on to JR.
Great views from the cab & well looked after - Andy played for west Ham & was a world motorcycling champion in his younger days & lives life to the full - a wealth of stories.
I may never be a truckers' Moll again! (I did offer)

I have picked pounds of redcurrants & raspberries from a friends garden - fantastic crop that they have had enough of & going away - compotted & the last batch to freeze, ready to make summer puddings for my b'day party.
I have baking to do, the lawns to finish, when the sun's been on them for a little longer, then off with the family to York for my nephew's wedding.
It will be  great fun - I'm staying with AJ,  along with his three brothers & partners - never a dull moment     

No comments: