Wednesday 21 August 2013

Sold!

It was well after 6.00am before it was light enough to free the chickens this morning - Autumn on the way.
I was playing tennis at 10.00am so was up & in the garden by 8.00am to finish tidying the borders under the hedges, having breakfasted on fried tomatoes on toast.
Malcolm came at 9.15am to finish the hedges - now done & looking good.
After tennis I did a quick essentials shop at Morrisons, including some small pansies, to complete the borders, then home to change & off to Hansons' Auction House to view the 3 day sale that starts tomorrow.
We've had a really good time & found some interesting mixed lots of china/glass/oddments that we fancy bidding for on Friday.
It was very warm, necessitating a round of cold drinks to keep us going, but fascinating.
The estimates for the brown furniture were ridiculously low - a good time to buy - not the desk there that I need, this time.
I've had a cappuccino to recover - delicious & hope that I may get a second wind & do some more gardening later, the problem being that the insect come out to bite in the evenings, as I found to my cost on Monday.
Is there a good way of getting rid of bites in a hurry - I'd rather not look as though I have the plague for our party on Sunday - Jan has suggested that I wear a bell around my neck!

A day off tomorrow, to catch up on all of the tidying inside & out.
 

2 comments:

William said...

we have an instect bite stick but some antihistamine cream may help.

Anonymous said...

I've put that on - should I try piriton as well?
Up early for a day in the garden.
m