Tuesday 20 August 2013

More sunshine, still more to come.

A busy day with Jessie & Thomas.
I was up early to make a coffee cake for Mary's birthday & some scones for us, whilst the oven was on - they all turned out really well.
J & Th arrived about 10.00am, we delivered the cake then went to play tennis for an hour - both doing well.
When we came home the chickens had laid two lovely big brown eggs, so we had boiled eggs & soldiers for lunch, rested up for 3/4 hour, then they played football, bowls (own version!) & drove around in the jeep whilst I washed the cars & cleaned the downstairs windows,
We went to the playground in Meriden for an hour then on to Solihull where we had a relaxed tea in McDonalds, sitting in big chairs by the window.
P was out doing a little last minute shopping when we arrived so we played football for half an hour before watching the news.
I stopped for petrol on the way home, then off to church to practice bell-ringing - I'm a slow learner, I think  - I cannot picture what is happening to the bell when I do the strokes.
I've been given a book so perhaps that will help 

No comments: