Monday 5 August 2013

Married bliss.

I had a lift to York with B & E on Saturday, which enabled me to catch up on KP's news for a couple of hours, at close range - she has inherited the "chatter gene" from somewhere!
Yesterday we all put on our finery to celebrate jamie & Julie's wedding .
It was a delightful day - a relaxed service at St Edward the Confessor on the Tadcaster road, taken by a vicar who made everyone feel at home even if they didn't know the hymns, followed by a reception at The Churchill on Bootham.
It was a lovely family affair with a host of children & a sweetie buffet to ensure they were all hyper by bedtime.

Aj & I were home by 9.00pm - firm believers that the evening disco is for the younger generation - too loud & dark - & were in bed before 10.00pm.
This did have the knock-on effect that I was awake again at 1.00 am & read for a couple of hours.
AJ has a copy of "How to change your life in 21 days"
Since it is 21 days until our birthday I thought this may be the ideal day to start self improvement.
I read the first chapter, on diet & found that I'd got it right already, apart from the chocolate biscuits. Chapter 2 is on exercise - I'm sure that this will involve some lifestyle change!

We have to fetch the car from The  Churchill, time to get up.  

No comments: