Thursday 22 August 2013

Achieved.

I had a long list of jobs to do today & have excelled myself by doing them all plus a few extras.
I scrubbed all of the garden furniture - hoping for a hot day on Sunday for our birthday lunch, so that people can opt to eat at tables in the garden.
I cleared the hedge cuttings from the borders, tidied them all, trimmed the edges - does anyone make a pair of shears that aren't perpetually blunt?
I swept the yard - a barrow load of miniscule acorns & general debris - cleared the laundry & pet the garden tools back in there, where they used to live before G turned it into a garage for his racing car.
This then necessitated cleaning the garage where the tools had been - in the way - for the last 17 years.
Ants were undermining the garage - a large pile of soil in the corner.
I've put one of those disc ant traps there to upset/murder them.

After a quick, late lunch, I finished the borders then mowed all of the lawns - 3 hours & not too bad a job as the grass was quite short apart from the far side of the field, which wasn't done last time as I ran out of fuel.
I popped to see Jan & Chris, in my filthy garden clothes, to take Chris's b'day card & a couple of books.
I came home & lit the bonfire - bedbase, hedgecuttings, straw & oddments from the garage - it burnt brilliantly - in by 9.00pm, knackered.
I vacuumed upstairs whilst my dinner cooked so only downstairs to do & a couple of loads of ironing to do - perhaps I'll do some before bed.
Off to Hansons Auction tomorrow - should be fun.

2 comments:

William said...

Sounds like you need a rest!

Anonymous said...

I do - knackered!
m