Saturday 17 August 2013

Dry at last

Mowing lawns in failing light is difficult as it's difficult to see which bits still need to be cut - I didn't start until 5.30pm & bad light stopped play at 9.00pm
Mowing's fine but emptying the box is difficult as I have to remove it to clear the tunnel the grass travels along, which clogs when the grass is damp.
I have the far side of the field still to do - it may rain again today.
This explains why this blog was started but not posted last night - I fell asleep before it was done!

It rained heavily on Thursday nigh & is raining now, but the lawns look really good this morning so I will be catching up on jobs indoors, at least for a while.
Yesterday I pinned & tacked three dresses that needed taking in & shortening, had cappuccino, toast & homemade redcurrant jelly with Jan, then cleaned the silver, polished & put everything back.
I have the brass to do today - a lot less to polish of late - Hurrah!
It looks so good when everything is twinkling.
A friend gave me a vast box of cutlery on Wed - I have sorted, polished a few nice bits - I love to use odd, beautiful teaspoons - & made up a cutlery tray to keep at church for functions.
Anyone want 5 kg of assorted cutlery?
I hope the rain stops so that I can garden later.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                /                                                                                                                                         

No comments: