Wednesday 4 May 2011

whew, still scorching.

The weather is still amazing, I feel that I should be gardening but there is only the corner behind the yew bushes left to do at the moment & you need to have something left to feel guilty about.
I think that we should be painting the house - that should keep the stress levels up.
Yesterday we had a lazy day - a trip to the gym, lunch in McDonalds (only a cheeseburger & coffee - 295 cals, 12g fat), food shopping in M&S whilst G did important things & then home via Coleshill, where I checked that my ring had not been handed in in Co-op or the Charity shop.
Home for tea in the garden, washing drying on the line & a little light housework.
Shopping highlight was a beautiful blue cashmere cardigan in M&S for £12.
G is off to the gym shortly, for an assessment, I really feel moved to stay at home & enjoy the peace & sunshine, even if I sand down a window sill or two.

We visited JR on Monday. He has recovered very largely but his memory is poor.
We were there for his carer swap, which was useful. He now has a Rumanian girl, cheerful & a good cook, apparently, although she eats very little, owing to a gastric band.

I should like to paint the conservatory a warmer colour but there is filling to be done first.

I have searched everywhere for my wedding ring & am awaiting help from a metal detector, owned by a friend of a friend. I did a fingertip search of a bit of the field opposite yesterday but it is rough, with a lot of thistles, which makes it difficult.
There is a Saint to pray to for things lost - I'll have to google it.

The swallows are back in the stables so summer is officially here.

3 comments:

William said...

Isn't it Romanian?

Good luck with the ring search

Anonymous said...

No luck so far.
m

Anonymous said...

St. Anthony.

Patron Saint of my secondary school. Many prayers said for lost memories at exam time I seem to recall

E