Saturday 30 April 2011

Holiday, holiday, holiday.

Well, wasn't it a wonderful wedding - the humour, the dress, the address, the music, everything, right down to the Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie dressing as pantomine dames.
We went for a walk, came back for scrambled eggs before the event, watched the wedding & then had smoked salmon sandwiches & pinot grigio whilst waiting for the balcony kiss.
We did three hours of heavy digging on the top border to make up for the relaxation, then in for a shower & dinner (fish & .......)
The day had a fitting finale when The Tennis Club phoned from their AGM to say that I had been successful in the draw for Wimbledon tickets. Great!

Today we moved the logs into the shed, tidied the top of the field & I did more gardening while G mowed the lawns.
We have thoroughly watered the borders, to little effect, everywhere is very dry.
We showered & went for a walk before dinner (fishcakes &.....).
Half way across the field opposite the house I realised that I had lost my wedding ring.
I have searched everywhere, with no success so far, hampered by the fact that I don't really know when it came off.
We are hoping to borrow a metal detector tomorrow to check where we were gardening & the field where we were walking.
This morning, I was delighted that I had lost another pound & have cracked the last "stone barrier".
This is a consequence - skinny fingers, (but still plump around the middle)
Tomorrow I'll get to church early to look for my ring as I cleaned there on Thursday morning & may not have noticed it had gone.
I have a baptism at lunchtime, but have no food to cook, so this will not be a problem.

I collected G from Terminal 4 on Wednesday, having spent a lovely day with KP, including a train trip to Oxford & baking with KP & T after school. Timing was perfact, thanks to B's advice.

Never have there been so many holidays - 5 days out of 9 - you can't spot the retirees!

4 comments:

William said...

is it on the beach at minehead?

Anonymous said...

Is it in the cupboard?

Anonymous said...

No.
I wore my diamonds with it since coming home.
m

Anonymous said...

Its not in your cool new bag either (or is that 'new cool bag').

E