Wednesday 13 April 2011

Think of a number......

Yes, the car has been to The Ring of Bells again, &, as usual, the bill was twice what I had expected - £861, to be precise. This was with a discount as I mentioned that I had already paid them £2800 this year, which seemed beyond all reason for a less than 5 year old car with 60000 on the clock. This was for a new axle & bearings on both front wheels. I love the car but it will become a case of it or food. On the bright side, they lent me a red S60, which was very nice, despite the push button hand brake & having no petrol in it, so I had to drive into Solihull to get some before going to the gym. After the gym, I went to Solihull to buy groceries for next week. RoB phoned just before 2.00pm, the time I was to collect the car, to say it wouldn't be ready until 5.00pm. I went to Knowle, had a walk in Brueton Park, then back to Solihull for a cup of tea at M&S, risking parking at Morrisons. It has been a cold day; I'm watching TV,killer whales, & am still cold. I do seem to have a cold, so will go to bed early, perhaps with a small dram. I have lost 9 kg, if my calculation is correct (I'm sure it is really, I'm just being modest) I'm sure that I didn't have muffins from armpits to thighs last time I was this weight. Luckily I seem to have lost my sweet tooth & appetite, so it's not difficult. Perhaps I'm pining for G. Two weeks to go. A comment would be reassuring that someone reads this.r

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done with the dieting. Are we allowed easter eggs next week? MK

Anonymous said...

I have an enormous box of chocolates for everyone but aj, w & me, more for the rest of you!
Looking forward to seeing you.
g