Tuesday 12 April 2011

Another quiet night in.

Well, after 8.30pm anyway. I went to see JR on Monday as he was having a medical assessment in the morning & the new carpet that we bought last week was being fitted in the afternoon. I left home at 7.15am, arriving at 9.30am, owing to the heavy traffic at that time of day. All went well, JR suffering mainly from "anno Domini", as Aunt Mollie (his mother) would have said! The carpet looks & feels magnificent. Dear old Frank visited for elevenses, Dear old Joan, for tea, so it was a full day. This morning we pottered about, searching all of the barns & sheds for a specific deckchair. I spied about a dozen vintage models, but not the one in question. Never mind. We went to JS for me to buy Easter eggs & fuel - £1.40, compared with £1.47 on the M6! We took Mary out to lunch at The George at Babraham. We had trout/sea bass, which was delicious - a venue to be recommended. I left at 3.30pm for Marsh Gibbon, to see the family & deliver goodies. O & the twins were on good form. I went on to Bicester & had a warm reception from T & KP, then home. There was an accident on the M40, one car that ended at the windscreen & a half hour delay.Accidents , I find hard to cope with. Anyway, home by 8.20pm, toast & tea then "Supersize vs Superskinny". Blogger will, no doubt, destroy all of my carefully composed paragraphs. Please help.

No comments: