Monday 4 April 2011

Thanks, P.

To fit in with Thomas & Jessie's hectic social life, I had a Thomas day today, instead of Friday. To accommodate this, I changed my JR day from Monday to Tuesday, Thank God. As I drove to Solihull this morning the traffic news was a one & a half hour delay on the M6 at the Catthorpe interchange, where I get on the A14. Later on there was a dreadful accident on the M11 at Duxford,closing the M11 altogether. This is where I leave the motorway. Had I gone today I would have had an horrendous journey. I hope that all will be clear tomorrow. Anyway, I went to the gym first thing & am feeling fitter with reducing weight. I enjoyed it. I collected Thomas, jogged home with him on his bike, after a brief chat, T went upstairs & put himself to bed for an hour. I phoned Ann, who is now recovered from septicaemia, off the drugs & back on form! I woke T for lunch, then we did T's new Ben Ten jigsaw. This is actually an overstatement as despite working on it until Jessie's home time, we only did about half of it. It's meant to be for a 3 year old! When I left later I found that someone had bumped my wing mirror & taken the back off. As there were no bits in the road, I looked in the hedges & found the part, scraped but intact. Good. I bought C on U meals at M&S an route home, feeling too lazy to cook fish. University Challenge was won by a mile by Magdalen College, Oxford. They are brilliant. I'm about to write to Morrisons in Solihull to point out the deficiencies in their car parking system. I gather that there have been a great many complaints from others who have been fined for not realising that the system had changed, to no avail. It must be worth a stamp anyway.

No comments: