Saturday 9 April 2011

Bearings still dodgy.

I went to The Ring of Bells at 9.ooam, as requested. An hour later they gave me a print out of what needed doing. So far so good, but I had told them what needed doing on the phone, rather hoping that they would do it. When asked if they could now do it, they went & checked - Tuesday. Great, the reason for me being there was because I needed to drive to Cambridge on Monday. I'm assured that it will be fine for the journey, & have booked it in on Wednesday, with a red S60 to get me home. No doubt this will be followed by an enormous bill, like a pelican walking backwards! Little choice though - another month on omelets. I had my last free coffee in M&S,as I was nearly there anyway, bought some vegetables, came home & gardened. I've now done all of the borders at the front, ready for some bedding plants when the chance of frost is over. Today I had a lie in until 8.30am after a disturbed night. I wrote tomorrow's sermon - John 11, 1 - 45, the raising of Lazarus, if you're interested. A very long reading. I phoned Ann, to say Happy Birthday", then went to Coleshill to the post. Unfortunately James & the twins chose that exact time to visit, to deliver the trailer. The only visitors all week & I'm out. Oh well. I spent the rest of the day in the garden, digging a barrow load of celandines from the rockery - they spread like wild fire, digging the bed at the top of the lawn & then starting on the top border. I gave up at 7.30pm & came in for a meal, knackered. I'm about to have a soak in the bath & start a new book - "Credo", Melvyn Bragg He writes brilliantly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

W, could you put the paragraphs back for me?
Thanks, m