Tuesday 26 April 2011

Another lazy day....

Yesterday aj & I went to see JR, he had a bad fall & bang on the head last week which has necessitated him having 24 hour care at home & has affected his memory.
He remembered us after a while & hopefully we did some good.
We came home in the evening so as not to disturb his routine with his carer by staying overnight, getting home by 8.30pm.
Today I tackled the problem of the lawns.
I have never used the mower before & couldn't find the manual, or the gears, to start with, so I pushed it out onto the lawn, where direction of travel was less vital.
I got the hang of it, although the first few circuits were pretty scary owing to the undulating lawns & a fear of falling off/rolling the mower.
The grass had grown exponentially in the 2+ weeks since B mowed; this caused problems with the grass collection, but it doesn't look too bad, for a rank amateur.
Aj fetched more petrol so that G can do a better job when he gets home.
I dried two loads of washing outside & ironed them before going to Ventura Park this afternoon to buy some food; the first shop since the holiday.
Aj treated us to coffee & a nibble in M&S before coming home with the spoils - duck a l'orange with a mountain of vegetables, for dinner.
I have a T & KP day tomorrow, so an early morning, then on to collect G from Heathrow in the evening - should be an action packed day.
Aj 's settling for a lie-in!

W has posted some great holiday photos on is blog, I didn't take a camera.
No change there.
There may be plenty of holiday photos in circulation after tomorrow.....

2 comments:

William said...

Did you see me take any photos?

They are from Google, not my own work at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh.
Well, they were good, whoever took them - I did wonder why there were none of the children.
m.