Wednesday 18 May 2011

Apprenticeships.

Distracted by the Apprentices, shopping for a list of ten things for the Savoy Hotel.
I think that I may have struggled on this one - apparently "a cloche" is a food cover as well as a small greenhouse. I guessed that the hotel didn't want a small greenhouse anyway.
At least I could pronounce it!
Gavin's fired!

A quick run-down of my day - this is to show you that I can remember what I did, to make those of you with really interesting days feel superior & those with less interesting days feel less bad.
Right then, firstly, I finished reading my book - "Five quarters of an orange" by Joanne Harris. A brilliant tale about a French village during the war. After breakfast I dressed for tennis then jogged around Hollylands & Back Lane delivering Christian Aid envelopes en route to the tennis club
I took G out to lunch in Solihull (double cheeseburger, fries & coffee) before he went to the bank for a meeting with his adviser, whilst I food shopped.
Unfortunately, his advisor went to Coleshill for the meeting - she's useless.
Shopping done, we went to Bromsgrove to get lotus bits, then home to tea.

M&S has 3 for 2 on Italian foods, JS has 3 for£10 on tempranillo, originally £10.49 plus 10% off for 6 bottles.
I'm cooking a pasta dish for a Charity meal on 29 May,sourcing is going well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we're 100% certain that she was in the wrong?

Anonymous said...

Yes.
The last two meetings she has phoned to arrange, she has phoned back to change within half an hour.
She advised on the investment of my lump sum on retirement; it lost 25% in 6 months.
Her name is "Fish".
Do you need more?
m

Anonymous said...

As easy as taking sweets from children...

Anonymous said...

Have you ever tried to do that?
Not as easy as one is lead to believe.
m