Sunday 22 May 2011

wind, wind, wind.

Being an engineer, no doubt B read that differently from the way it was intended, i.e. blowing a gale since early this morning, nothing to do with mechanical toys.
I am trying to find a phone number on, without success, I shall just have to resort to the usual method & phone Phil Shaw!
I got up early to check my sermon & organise G with the lunch before taking the services at LM & OW (John, 14).
P,A & family are here, or not at the moment as A has gone to watch the Blues & G has gone to the playground with P, J & T.
I stayed at home to make scotch pancakes for tea, which look really nice, I hear a bicycle bell.
Good, I'm peckish. (off the diet today)
I still have Christian Aid envelopes to collect - that'll be late again.

Cont.
Great tea.
All possible CA envelopes collected so all's well with the world, as they say.

We went to The Cameo suite in Coleshill last night, where we had our wedding reception, to hear Tom Wilson talk about "The Other Tunnel".
She was called "Margaret". Interesting, & quite a feat for a 90 year old by way of memory & presentation.
Jacket potatoes during the interval so we missed out on the Indian take-away.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just to clarify Margaret was dug in 1943!

Anonymous said...

I thought that it was 1945.
g