Thursday 19 May 2011

Sun, sun, sun.

What a fantastic day - sunny & warm with no wind at all. The garden is pretty neat & tidy & very green, so looks good.My favorite place is sitting in the conservatory, which is warm & bright with great views of the garden.
Yesterday we had a deer,a squirrel & a couple of rabbits as well as a variety of birds whilst we had our elevenses. A real treat.
I did some tidying this morning - two barrow loads of bluebell waste & leaves - then lunch of pan fried asparagus & tomatoes on toast, then off to The George Eliot for G to have a mole removed from his leg - anything to lose weight!
All went well, he came home & slept it off, but must keep it up for a bit.
Did I really write that?
I pottered around Nuneaton in the sunshine for an hour, the first time for about ten years I think.
It was really nice despite an empty M&S, but perhaps I'm merely comparing it to sitting in the dermatology clinic for an hour.
I've since delivered the remainder of the Christian Aid envelopes & collected most of the ones I delivered on Tuesday, which involved at least a mile of walking & a fair bit of chatting.
I was delighted to have lost a pound this morning, taking me down below the next stone, this was before I broke the front half off a premolar whilst eating a bagel. Bother. That's a long time in the dentist' chair & a big bill.

We're staying up to watch "Question Time", with Ken Clarke, one of our heroes, from Wormwood Scrubs. He has been in the news this week, attacked by that prat Milliband for comments about prison sentences for rape.
If it's rubbish, we'll go to bed.
A Thomas day tomorrow, including a visit to the gym, I hope.

No comments: