Thursday 20 May 2010

How long do rotten colds last?

A minimum of three days.
I did feel a lot less ill when I woke up this morning, on my own, as G stayed with JR in order to avoid me.
I cleaned upstairs with enthusiasm, had a bath, then went to Coleshill to buy the paper & find something tantalising to eat.
Nothing tantalised.
I came home & cleaned downstairs & vacuumed the car, still foul from the Bournemouth trips, ironed, re-made the bed, opened the garage doors & boiled the kettle for tea at which point G arrived home, thinking that I'd been drinking tea all day - men don't notice gleaming floors & furniture or clean sheets.

I cheated on the Telegraph crossword as Google put up a help site when I googled "cockney slang for Cathay" Answer, "Old China"
I couldn't have done it all anyway. Actually, I could only do a few clues, two, to be exact .
The Telegraph crosswords are very hard. OK , aj can do them, but she knows a lot more things than I do.

I'm sure that I will feel much better tomorrow & will not need to carry a box of tissues around with me all day.
The Tennis Club has a draw for Wimbledon tickets tomorrow evening; since we could only do the end of week two, I'm not sure that I can afford to win this one - £190 for 2 centre court tickets.
A quiz in NW on Saturday, with aj as our joker!

No comments: