Tuesday 25 May 2010

Another fascinatng day at KS.

Two days at school, now taking year 9 revision classes after school, as they have GCSE exams in June. I teach the bottom set; their mock exam results last week were "disappointing".
I have racked my brains as to how to improve their results in the three weeks remaining.
I have only taught them for the last six weeks & only teach them for 3/6 lessons a week.
I need more teaching time with them & them to have more commitment & bigger brains.
Any ideas?
The cold that laid me low last week is still hanging on.I can't take cold cures with my rampiril, only paracetamol, which do nothing for my nose & throat.
Still, last day tomorrow, before half term.
We have a new condensing boiler operating & G booked to decorate the laundry whilst it's empty.
Kingsbury garage have the volvo, to replace the starter motor & some wiring - I hope they don't see any smoke anywhere near it.
I did all but 4 clues in yesterday's telegraph crossword; I can't do any of today's, yet.

3 comments:

William said...

Maybe you should try another garage...
You need to get some competition with the kids so that they are trying to do better than each other, some kind of reward and some mild humiliation for those who don't try. You're the teacher though, I expect you know more about that than I do.

Anonymous said...

Percy Pigs always work as an incentive in our house. And Colin Caterpillars have a similar effect.

Ask Ben to tell you about mistaking the wardrobe for the bathroom when you next speak to him.

E

Anonymous said...

Not again.
Make him clean it up.
m