Thursday 6 May 2010

Escaped!

I woke up early & then lay wake until 8.00am fearing that the phone would ring & I'd be asked to go into school.
It didn't.
I read a few chapters of my Ian Rankin/Rebus novel before having a leisurely getting up then a potter around Knowle & Solihull - the first since before Easter as I've been working or away somewhere every other day.
It was a relaxing, even without a cup of coffee as I'd promised to be home with/for a late lunch.
I got home at 3.45pm, G had eaten already.
Never mind. I did buy some delicious food from you know where - they have some amazingly good offers (fish /meat for two, three meals for £6 - we have scallops, salmon & lemon sole)
We had tea & a welsh cake & a snooze on the settee, waking up cold.
I did the ironing then made minestrone in the style of Jamie Oliver in Venice. It was very good.
We've just settled down for the election on TV.
The exit pole gives the Tories a lead, but no overall majority.
The BBC are projecting the results onto big Ben - how about that for innovation?
Aj & I predict a Tory majority

3 comments:

William said...

Looks like your crystal ball needs some maintenance.

Frankly I think 15:45 is a bit late for lunch even by your skewed standards FFS.

Anonymous said...

Yes.
They weren't far off though.
An earlier lunch would not have helped though.
g

Anonymous said...

Might have helped me though! G