Thursday 21 January 2010

What price gastric bands?

I fear that I may be getting tetchy, perhaps it's this wretched cold.
Apparently,some NHS trusts are failing in their responsibility to the obese by making other patients a higher priority for surgery & these poor folk are getting even more obese whilst on the waiting list.
Doesn't self control come into the equation before expensive surgery is considered?
Have they thought of trying handcuffs, being locked in with fruit & veg only, being knocked out with an IV drip.
And another thing, the finance for Kraft to buy Cadbury's is coming from RBS.
Didn't the Government bale out RBS with taxpayers' money recently?
Are we really financing a deal that I bet most British people do not want to go ahead?
I have a letter from Kraft.
I shall use it as toilet paper.

I'm sitting by a nice fire, having had two cups of tea & a piece of banana cake, served by G, & a nap. We have some fresh olives , pasta & ciabatta for dinner - not too much effort required there. (I was going to make tempura, but M&S don't do it "boil in the bag")
Some good programmes on at 9.00pm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The anti Kraft comments on this blog left me in a real dilemma today on my 'I need chocolate' trip to the BBC canteen (yes I may need a gastric band at some point!). Anyway much debate ensued with colleagues about whether I should sell my soul and buy Cadbury I lost quite a lot of respect when I chose Nestle (the only other option). Can anyone out there recommend a socially acceptable chocolate manufacturer for my fix?!
E

Anonymous said...

Spot the missing full stop

Anonymous said...

Kraft own Terrys, Nestle have Rowntrees, Cadbury have Green & Blacks....
Frys survive (5 boys), Galaxy.....
How about a nice wholesome digestive biscuit, perhaps with a lick of chocolate (JS have hob nobs, with or without chocolate, half price)
Sacrifice for a principal has its own reward.
I'll bring some ethical chocolate when I come next.
g

William said...

I can't believe that anyone really gives a s¤%y about who owns cadbury. I certainly don't :-)

Anonymous said...

Expats have no say in this matter.
Your Mother is ashamed of you!
Do you have no finer feelings - Cadburys and the like put the Great into Great Britain!
m

Anonymous said...

And unfortunately Cadbury's put many of the calories into the obese.

Anonymous said...

i.e. The Great Briton ?

Anonymous said...

Everything in moderation!