Thursday 28 January 2010

Sharp practice.

I visited the doctor this morning.
Apparently I have vertigo, but it's not severe & nowhere near as bad as a pain in the neck.
It's caused by an upset in the inner ear, I guess that it has a lot to do with three days at sea in a force eight, manic Indian driving & flights.
I do recall being unbalanced when we walked around Alexandria after four days at sea.
Of course, I improved greatly as soon as I made the doctor's appointment.
Afterwards I went to Chelmsley Wood Leisure Centre for a mammogram in the caravan on the car park. Squish squosh.
I made the mistake of using the SATNAV, which took me on a scenic tour of CW - a bit of a challenge there!
I took my own route home & found that I was only yards off Cookes Lane.
We then had a meeting at the Alms Houses with the professionals to check on progress - a great many anecdotes were aired.
The refurbished homes are delightful, I could live there, but would need to offload a lot of possessions & become needy first.
After lunch we took the ailing microwave to Spon Street in Coventry to the repair shop named by Sharp.
It was closed down & obviously had been for a long time.
The other shop offered was in Smethwick!!
Surely I don't have to tout a six month old oven around the Midlands in order to get it repaired?
We are watching Question Time. It is depressing. Nigel Lawson looks very old, but not as old as Baroness Tonge, next to him.
Apparently, we can now make up our own minds as to whether or not climate change exists.
That's tomorrow taken care of!

I must include an interesting fact for W: Tesco in Cardiff have asked shoppers to dress appropriately, not to shop in nightwear or bare feet, as this embarrasses other shoppers.
2 Feb - Groundhog Day when a marmot in Pennsylvania will be woken up to predict if winter weather has come to an end, depending on him seeming to notice his shadow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been unbalanced for years.
Nuts in fact!

William said...

- List of bullet points
- limited connection between points
- Can't manage a paragraph
- Apple have sold 250 million ipods

Anonymous said...

Bare feet in S Wales in January and we thought the Geordies were hard!

Anonymous said...

250,000,000. Blimey!
m