Sunday 24 January 2010

Die another Day.....

Watching it on ITV 2 at the moment - only this moment as I've been asleep - JB surfing a tsunami!
G has spent the weekend lumber jacking, cutting down the dead trees at the top of the field, still a fair bit more to do, but there is a fine pile of timber ready to be cut up into logs.
We have had a fire every night since we came home & need to replenish the log pile.
I remember B & Dickie spending some time clearing the dead wood up there, many years ago, in their school holidays.
There's a colony of giant earth moving creatures up there that have excavated the whole area, digging up all sorts of masonry waste, leaving massive holes.

I took Morning Prayer at Shustoke & at OW this morning, helped G with the clearing up & bonfire building, vacuumed, washed & ironed then made raisin & oat cookies (which contain Carnation milk, which makes them chewy) whilst cooking the dinner, then I slept.
I am in desperate need of having my hair done & of visiting the doctor to sort out my ears, which have been causing me to feel dizzy when rolling over in bed, since the flight to Kerala.
This working lark gets in the way of life.
I should have Wed & Thurs this week to catch up, I may even get to M&S for coffee.
Perhaps I need a holiday!

5 comments:

William said...

I can't believe the amount of housework you claim to do. THere are only 2 of you living there and all you ever tell us about is washing and ironing.

Anonymous said...

It's a highlight.
Would I lie to you?
I don't think that vacuuming once a week, maximum is over the top, nor is changing our clothes daily, hence the need for washing & ironing.
I do like to change the bed & wash the towels twice a week - pure pleasure.
Yours is all done by the good fairy, while you are out.
m

Anonymous said...

That's not strictly true W, sometimes there is also talk of Marks and Spencer.
E

Anonymous said...

Thank you E for a little female support.
g

Anonymous said...

M&S visits are part of life. Coffee,clothes,food, wine.
About 5 hours a week should cover that.