Thursday 7 January 2010

Bbbbrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...........

Every action has a consequence.
Yesterday G & I went for a two hour walk, in the snow, in wellies, which was quite hard work. The consequence was that we both fell asleep in front of the lounge fire after lunch.
The consequence of this was that we didn't nod off on the settee last night, so we decided to stay up & watch the end of "The Fugitive"as we realised that neither of us knew how it ended, presumably because of our sleep patterns - it was that other doctor, who had faked research results in order to get a new drug on the market.
Well!
We went to bed at 1.00am, anticipating a lie in followed by a leisurely breakfast & another walk.
The phone went at 7.25am, asking me to go in to KS to teach science for the day.
I got up whilst G made me a flask of tea ( a requirement for a supply teacher), de-iced & warmed the car. Hollylands is a skating rink - v slow & pray.
The temperature was -12 degrees.
I cannot recall anything below -7 in the past.
The school had opened yesterday, with 250 out of 650 pupils attending, attendance was quite good today.
Tomorrow we are looking after Thomas & I have a physio appointment at lunchtime for my shoulder. Actually this is 90% better thanks to G's routine so I don't really need to go.
If KS phone, I shall go to work - holidays to pay for, so I need to be reliable/ worth calling.
The Wheelers are coming to dinner - a nice rib of beef in the fridge.

I have tried to contact the Oxford branch of the family as that area has had some of the lowest temperatures. B made a sledge yesterday, I read on W's blog. I hope that they have enjoyed the snow today. In fact, I hope that you all have.

3 comments:

William said...

I didn't leave the house all day and given that it is -8 at the moment, I will try not to leave it today either.

It's even cold riding my bike in the basement.

Anonymous said...

Walked to the shops in Acomb today mainly for exercise and the slightly different menu offered at Morrisons from the local Sainsburys.
Snowing again by teatime, seems to be the norm.
Don't talk to me about global warming, aj

Anonymous said...

Global warming gives rise to
1. extreme weather
2. climate change
3. sea levels rising
so the GCSE exam answer sheet told me on Thursday.
Hold your hats!