Monday 2 November 2009

Untitled.

I can't think of a snappy title for today's blog.
I gave the family the opportunity to say "no change there then!"

We went to DMP yesterday evening for the fireworks/60th anniversary celebration.
The fireworks were excellent, as they always are, interspersed with a laser show of the Bryan family & progress across the years.
B did not feature.
We then had a meal in the Hamilton suite - a pleasure to use the loo without checking that the other occupants did not have bottles of vodka in their underwear - usual practice at the school proms.
J,G & the children were all there & came to see us this lunchtime.

I played tennis this morning in bright sunshine, which was great & does my shoulder the world of good.
I did a quick shop in Coleshill then made some tiny chocolate fairy cakes & prepared lunch for J, G & co.
They couldn't stay long so, after tidying up, I did some gardening - clearing borders & planting four more trays of pansies, until dark (5.20pm)
At this exact point, it started to rain.
Since dinner I have taken in a couple of pairs of G's shorts, ready for his travels.

It has been a nice day weatherwise, but turned cold this afternoon.
I suppose that we should expect cold weather in November & lots of leaves.

G took the volvo into the volvo hospital this morning & came back with a black ka.
It's a bit small & tinny, reinforcing my belief in the superiority of volvos.
I am planning to visit aj tomorrow - not a fast lane journey.
I would go by train, but the fare is £60, with my railcard!!!

There is a lovely photo of J, celebrating his birthday, on W,s blog.
One that makes you smile back.

11.00pm, G is asleep, time for bed.

2 comments:

William said...

We had a loaned Ka when MK crashed my fiat. It was terrible.

Anonymous said...

But better than a bike.
m