Tuesday 17 November 2009

All aboard the Skylark!

I`'m not sure about the title, but I am in Denmark, having flown out this morning - SAS, not the broomstick, in this weather.
I had a lot of things to bring. I packed my usual case, found I had no room for clothes & so re-packed in G's big red one (!), weighed it, then re-packed with all of the books plus the jar of mincemeat in my rucksack.
The case was still 24kg, the rucksack, 9kg.
They charged for the 4kg excess baggage, which seemed a bit mean in retrospect, as mine was the only checked baggage. I stood at belt 5, at CPH, on my own, thinking that I must have got it wrong, when G's big red case sailed round,completely alone.
At security, I was allowed through in my boots, then had to remove them was then searched manually & then with the metal detecting wand.
They brought my rucksack to be searched, but relented when I told them I had a jar of mincemeat for my son & I always took him one.
They checked the bag again & said that I could take the mincemeat through as it was firm. Jam would not have gone through.
They have not seen my damson!

I sat with a charming Indian man & the time just flew.
W,MK & DK met me at Kastrup, although DK was unaware of my presence until we arrived home at which point he woke up.
His operation has been postponed as he has a sniffle so I shall just enjoy a week's holiday & be of no use to anyone.

We have had a lovely dinner & the boys are in bed & it's still only 7.18 GMT.
I have a glass of wine to finish - shame!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

£50 in e4xcess baggage for the xnas presents - Cheaper than postage? I think not.

( ps I posted a smilar comment previously but it bseems to have disappeared. Odd ( if not moderated off) G

Anonymous said...

£50 in e4xcess baggage for the xnas presents - Cheaper than postage? I think not.

( ps I posted a smilar comment previously but it bseems to have disappeared. Odd ( if not moderated off) G

Anonymous said...

now I get bthe damn thing twice - what's going on?

Anonymous said...

Not moderated off.
It was read whilst in the singular.
Obviously posted twice though as you could never have repeated those 3 spelling & 2 grammatical errors in 2 separate blogs!
g
xx