Friday 6 November 2009

Remember, remember....

Actually, I forgot.
I had an hour long interview with the market research guy about TDA/AIG as an assistant head.
I had done 3 hours research into the material on T'internet the previous evening (in York!) so that I could comment on it's usefulness & how it might be used to best effect in schools.
The first thing I needed to know was what the initials stood for.
Guess. (answers at bottom of page)
I then left for home, stopping at Judith's for coffee en route, reckoning on about two hours to get there.
To use W terminology, yesterday was not a navigational day.
For reasons that I may have been a little vague about, I went down the A1 rather than the M18.
I think that I should have got off earlier but I don't really know much about the meanderings of the A1, apart from that it goes from Stamford to London; I realised that I would end up in one or the other.
The little tin box doesn't have a cigar lighter so the Sat Nav has to work on the battery.
G told me to put it on when I was near to Judith's as the battery would not last.
Eventually, I stopped for fuel, put on the Sat Nav & then drove across rural Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire, living in fear of battery meltdown.
I eventually reached Judith's just before 3.00pm - 3 hours after leaving York & had a lovely salmon sandwich & a natter.
I had completely forgotten that I was meant to be at the doctor's for inoculations.
What a twit!
The surgery fitted me in this morning at 8.30am, so I now have only three more sessions to be protected for life from most letters in the alphabet.
I am going to P's to catch up with G, who is in the park with Thomas.
Fitting the baby seat in the car may be a challenge as I think that the baby seat may be bigger than the rear seats in the little tinny box.
Enjoy your day.

Teachers' Development Agency.
Advice, Information & Guidance.

No comments: