Monday 23 November 2009

Rain, rain go away....

Today has been quite wet.
The rain started this morning as I left the house to go for a run.
I ran for half an hour, around the park, which was pleasant, if rather muddy in places. Any of you would have done it in half the time, I´m sure, but, so what?
I did it.
J & I have played all sorts of games, including making plasticine fish & watching "Finding Nemo" to see if our fish were any good.
J´s favorite game is to chase each other around the house at high speed - I´m not sure that this is appreciated by anyone else but J & me.
Later DK & I played trains & did a lot of walking around the house whilst MK & J went to gym.
We have had a hearty meal of home-made soup & bagels, the boys are asleep & all's well with the world.
Perhaps we'll watch Star Trek again & see if we understand it this time around.
The young Spock has a certain charm, the old Spock looks so old - dentures which affect his speech somewhat. They do appear together, which is confusing.
Is it possible to converse with yourself in a previous age?
I thought that James Bond was diffficult to follow.
On balance "Nemo" is an infinitely better film than "Star Trek".

I am reading W's copy of "The Lost Symbol", which I aim to finish before I go home.
Some feat!
I think that it is a very good story & better written than The D C or As & Ds.
I did get waylayed reading "Manhood" by S Biddulph, explaining the problems facing men .
It's worth reading & makes some very salient points.

No comments: