Friday 13 November 2009

Hedgehog day.

Fridays have taken on a pattern of late; go to the doctors' for injections before catching up with G to play with Thomas.
This morning's injection was preceded by an hour's maths invigilation at KS, sitting with one student as prompter. I did manage the hour without talking - some feat!
I met the dynamic duo in Borders bookshop in Solihull where T was having great fun playing with the animated toy dinosaurs. Borders is closing down so has a sale on. Presumably another victim of the recession - there are a lot of empty shops , two in Coleshill High Street alone.
We lunched at MacDonalds; I didn't realise that a "Big Tasty" was going to be so big, I think that I thought that the implication was that it had a lot of taste.
It was enormous, even allowing for the stuff that escaped & slid down my trouser leg.
I bought a fleece in BHS, half price, a real bargain, then toiletries in Poundland.
I had to spend £25 in Morrisons to pay for the car park!

We drove home, separately, in the dark, wind & rain. Vile.
We settled for dinner by a big fire, with a bottle of pear cider, inspired by Hugh Fearnly Whittingstall, last night.
Ours was Swedish.
The wind is booming down the chimney but not enough to keep G awake.

There are weather warnings out for a lot of the country, Bournemouth/Christchurch in particular. Tomorrow is set to be rough.

We have just watched Jonathon Woss doesn't David Haye (boxing champ) look like George Bryan?
Arctic Monkeys are rubbish.

I let G open my post, which included a CD of Jamie McCullum, that I had bought for G's Christmas present.
This was a double whammy as it should have been Paulo Natini(?).
He was on JW recently & was impressive - Amazon didn't send the wrong CD, I ordered the wrong one.
They do look alike!

Sunday's sermon looks like hard work, something to do with time.
I'll sleep on it.

I plan to sponsor something for assembly at KS for Children in Need, inspired by watching Peter Kay on TV.
Any bright ideas?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give them the bear mini-mum!

Anonymous said...

I shall be missing Children in Need as I have returned home from a weekend in London to find the t.v. is out of action. Jamie had not rung to tell me in case it spoilt my weekend. How thoughtful, although that wasn't my first response. aj

Anonymous said...

Tell J to get it mended, as it was working when you left.
You'll never make a living as a landlady.
g

Anonymous said...

You have 3 days to get it sorted/get a second set can't the supplier lend you one?