Monday 16 November 2009

Monday 16.

Which means that Friday was the 13th, & I didn't realise.
Wow.
I could have stressed all day.
Anyway, thanks for the advice re the sermon - I always give the minimum' wanting to leave them wanting more rather than less.
It all went well.
We had a light lunch - soup - & then went for a walk whilst the sun was shining. We spotted a fine crop of sloes down Moat House lane, so G went to pick some whilst I swept up leaves.
The garden looks pretty good - green, tidy & with all of the borders nicely planted up with winter pansies.

This morning I played tennis for a couple of hours, the low sun causing us more of a problem than the threat of rain. Apart from enjoying the game, you benefit from a scamp around in the fresh air & working on the hand /eye co-ordination.
We had a healthy lunch, apart from the cream doughnuts which I found irresistible in Somerfield/Co-op.
I haven't eaten a cream doughnut for at least 20 years.
I had an appointment with the nurse this afternoon, then shopped for gin & sugar......
I have since packed ready for my trip to Denmark tomorrow.
Finding that I couldn't get all of the presents from the family in my beloved emerald green case, & close the lid,I resorted to transferring everything to G's large red case & putting all of the books in my rucksack.
The case is still 22.5kg, but closed, & my rucksack, 7kg.
I'll have to play the dotty granny & keep the rucksack on my back, without wincing, at the check-in.
Fish & chips with a cheeky little white Burgundy, for dinner - bugger the diet!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dotty granny didn't work! 11 Euros a kilo for excess baggage meant a bill of £50!! So much for taking Xmas presents to save postage and re-patriating Ws internet shopping !! This pack horse is getting rather abused.
G