Monday 4 May 2009

Yet another day off!

A nice family day yesterday with P & A, B & E & families - an excellent way of inducing sleep.
This morning we slept in, until 11.30am, this did include tea & reading, but seemed quite bohemian.
I have just finished my second Carol Shields novel, "Unless". She writes brilliantly, in the first person, people /relationships.
We got up & had smoked haddock & rice for brunch, followed by toast & marmalade.
We have made up for the lethargy by G mowing the lawns, then recovering in the bath, whilst I hoed the flower beds, washed the car & vacuumed the house from top to bottom & made up the beds.

We are watching "Compulsion", a much hyped play, based on "The Changling".
I don't like it at all.

G is much more mobile & is hoping to drive himself to the physio tomorrow.
I shall pretend that it's a Monday, without the tennis, go to the gym & shop - rye bread & pate!

No comments: