Wednesday 20 May 2009

An unexpected day off.

Having thought that a whole week at work may be too much, the problem was solved when I arrived this morning & found that I was not needed as there was a year 10 "off- timetable" day, & a trip out to the "Jewish museum" in London.
Perhaps they should have considered this yesterday.
The teacher in charge of the trip had specified that packed lunches must not contain any meat, presumably in case they tried to force feed ham sandwiches to any Jewish visitors.
I left the gingerbread (iced with lemon icing, tested & approved) , came home & changed & went to play tennis.
We had a great game until mid-day then I went to Kenilworth to potter around the shops as I will be working for the remainder of the week.

G cooked dinner - a Vietnamese curry from the B & E pressie. Very good.
It took only an hour to clean the kitchen & make a cake for the science dept for tomorrow!

Travelzoos best holiday deals e-mail awaits, before bedtime.

Some lovely pics of dear little DK om William's Little World.

Today's Telegraph has some detail on Gorbal Mick's expenses - "arrogant" was the most widely used word; not a well liked guy, it seems.
Can Hazel "home-flip" Blears survive the inevitable shuffle, post 4 June?

Will anyone ever feel compelled to write a comment, if only "Hi"?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You got 5 comments two posts ago... I am happy and pressed that you have stuck with the tennis. W Jnr

Anonymous said...

I love it.
I've offered friends at school a game - impress them with my gear!
m