Friday 15 May 2009

Goodbye to Cheryl











Today we went to Cheryl's funeral at St Chads in Lichfield, followed by lunch at DMP.
It was a good service in a packed church & a fitting follow on with family & friends.
We parked in the town & walked the half mile or so to the church, alongside Stows Pool, which was really nice, despite needing an umbrella (accidentally; G googled St chads, & it sent us to the cathedral)
We walked back to the car & watched the parade as the Staffordshire Regiment went to the Cathedral to surrender their colours as they have become a part of the Mercian Regiment.
The music was wonderful & the whole thing very moving - a fitting end to the morning.

By coincidence, it was leavers day at Kingsbury School, the day that I have spent at DMP for the last 12 years or so.
It rained today.
It never rained in my day!
We visited school on the way home, to sort out my CRB. Apparently, I hadn't got one due to an error on my application, so that was that.
No teaching.
When I got home I eventually phoned the CRB office to be told that my application went in on 14 Feb, was rejected & sent back to Warwick on 9 April because the countersignature was unacceptable.No further action had been taken.
Frustration.
I have two certificates from 2007, one for Granville, one for Kingsbury.
I phoned them back to find that the clearance is "open-ended", update only needed if there is a break from teaching for 3 months, excluding holidays& they are transferable.
I am covered!

We have been to Coventry to see "Angels & Demons"
It was really quite good. I can't speak for the first 10 minutes as I was asleep!
We collected fish & chips at Meriden on the way home.

As for yesterday, apart from the facial, I managed everything else - hair done at 7.45 pm whilst G prepared dinner from his spice pack & fresh chicken breasts.
There's still a lot of Christian Aid envelopes to collect - Sunday afternoon.

No comments: