Saturday 2 May 2009

Another day off.

Well.
I have done this blog once; when posting the photos all of my carefully composed text was turned into gobbledygook.
Shucks!

This morning we went to the Jewellery Quarter to collect a repair, then to G's favourite watch shop, where he bought me a new watch, waterproof to 100 metres, so that I can wear it in the bath!
I have now caught the watch-flu strain from W, honestly.
I have only had 7 watches in my entire life:
*1 Oris (for passing my 11+)
*1gold cocktail watch (pressie from W)
*1 Seiko (bought for £80)
These were all stolen 1986/7.
*1 Seiko (replacement for above)
*1 Seiko (pressie from G)
*1 Tissot cocktail watch after burglary in 2005
*1 Tissot waterproof to 100 metres!!!

G had a new diving watch, which he can also wear in the bath & was, allegedly, very cheap.

Anyway, we then went on to Kidderminster, but a traffic problem & the English Heritage handbook caused us to go to Witley Court, the shell of a grand Victorian mansion, 10 miles NW of Worcester.
It has wonderful gardens & adjoins the parish church, built about 1700, with an amazing Italian interior.






We are presently watching a Miss Marple DVD - (Joan Hickson) brill!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Burgled in either 1987 or 86

Ben

Gill said...

The year we decorated your bedroom - blue with clouds & aerolanes.
You got to read the first draft, before itturned rampant.
m

Anonymous said...

Any other valuables you would like to list before I make up my mind as to whether it is worth burgling your house in 2009 ?

Anonymous said...

Hardly valuable enough to re-sell any of it. The last crackhead fukwit that 'visited' has just got out of custody! Suggest you try somewhere else more worthwhile.

G

William said...

I promise we won't take anything this week, even if you ask really nicely

Anonymous said...

There are only the three watches, as listed, as the others were stolen anyway.
I shall be wearing my new one, leaving two old Seikos, then there's the two rotweillers.......
g

Anonymous said...

If W & K bring them!

Anonymous said...

W. there is still more than enough of your own stuff still here!

Anonymous said...

They did, & they're pussycats!
g