Monday 1 September 2008

White Rabbits!




A hectic weekend with J, G, Oscar & the twins(11 weeks tomorrow) staying.
O has enjoyed playing in the garden with a propensity for escape if not watched carefully. (I'll remove the pebbles & acorns from the drain later)
George & children came on Saturday afternoon, joined by P, A J & T, bearing clotted cream, fresh from Cornwall so we had cream teas in the garden.
The kids bagged apples, acorns & various seed pods between eating fairy cakes & playing football.
G & I went to a Cancer Research charity do in Derby in the evening - chilli & a free bar with various entertainments but totally lacking any organisation.

On Sunday G & I went to church then to Warwick to see Charlecote Park, in the rain.
A re-enactment group were there to do battle but I think that their powder got a little damp - it would only have been about 5 a side anyway.
The house was charming, a lot smaller than I had anticipated, but well worth a visit.
There was a Subaru convention in the area, 100s of them everywhere.
Home for dinner & a bit of baby cuddling.
J, G & family have gone to Drayton Manor today & then home via Bicester to return the travel cot to B & E.
I have baked, washed, ironed....., being too late for tennis.
It is now raining.
It was a mistake to sit down as I now feel lazy/tired/disinclined to grapple with the Dyson.

I need to get my hair cut, have a pedicure, do my nails, pick blackberries.
Perhaps a cup of real tea will get me going.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Give yourself a pampering day and decide to grow your hair, much the cheaper option; preferably after you've battled your way through the brambles for a few free blackberries.

Anonymous said...

Are you hoping to be able to keep up with your blogging when you get your blackberry?
I thought J, G, O, H and S were staying for a week...

Anonymous said...

J had to work, the rest will be back again soon & stay.
g