Monday 29 September 2008

Here I am!











Well.
Thanks for the comments - I wasn't on strike.
I had a hectic week & fell asleep each evening before I blogged.
In fact, I do seem to fall asleep whenever I sit down after mid-morning.
Perhaps I have a dietary deficiency?
I do try to minimize the chances of this happening by eating everything that comes my way - I did weigh myself last week, after a gap of several weeks & found that I had lost half a stone, so it does seem a pretty pleasing diet.

Anyway, I spent Monday & Tuesday in Bicester with T & KP. I should have left after lunch on Tuesday, but, on return from school, KP was asleep, T wanted to stay at home & make cakes & I was out of puff, having done Bicester & back, with a headwind in both directions.
Wednesday, I did a day's supply at Granville, Thursday I did the gym followed by shopping & packing, ready to fly off to Galway early on Friday morning, for the "Oyster Festival".

We had a very early start, arriving at "The g hotel" at noon for a superb buffet lunch.
After lunch G & I walked along the loch & into town, passing a well, a shrine dedicated to St Augusta, healer of eyes & ears, where we left a few words for DK. There followed an evening of oysters (well two, anyway), champagne, dinner & traditional Irish entertainment.
The locals all sound like Father Ted, a delightful, lyrical lilt.
On Saturday, we took a different route into town & were lucky enough to meet up with the local marching bands on their way to the main square, The Meyrick Hotel to "kick off the festival, then parade to the quay to the marque, where all of the events took place.
A hairdo then on to the Gala Ball, until the small hours.

On Sunday, we went to Ashford castle, a partner hotel to the "g", 30 miles up the coast, for a guided tour & lunch, before returning to the airport for the flight home, arriving sometime after 11.00pm, in time to watch the highlights of the grand prix, & fall asleep.

Today I have been to the gym, shopped & washed, G has been to work, T has been poorly & AJ has been burgled & her laptop stolen.

There is definitely an autumnal nip in the air & there are leaves blowing around the yard.

4 comments:

William said...

sounds like a good weekend although only eating 2 oysters at an oyster festival seems like a poor effort.
Sorry to hear about aj
W

william said...

we stayed in Ashford Castle years ago.
Pretty fancy as I recall.
never heard of the Oyster thing and you didn't talk about them much!
Sounds like a lot of fun but I don't eat, or even open, very many Oysters.
wrm

Anonymous said...

I once stayed in an oyster, but of course I was a lot smaller then, and what a pearl I turned into.

Anonymous said...

The Oyster Festival has been running for 54 years, from small beginnings.
At my age, I can decide after two mouthfuls whether food is worth the calorie intake.
Oysters were disappointing. Give me a chocolate anyday - that could make me smile, the oysters didn't.
g