Thursday 11 September 2008

6055 - a landmark!





I arrived home at 6.30pm yesterday, shortly before G.
I had a great few days with aj, pottering around York & Wetherby, catching up on jobs, but, mainly, nattering.
Aj has a gammy knee & was not up to the route marches that she normally objects to, glancing longingly at passing buses, jumping aboard if I'm not vigilant.
Aj did a mornings market research in JS on Tuesday whilst I walked across the road to Monks Cross shopping centre.
I walked all around the outside, past the service areas & in at the far side, in driving rain. I could claim that this was to get some exercise or because I was practising turning aj's freebie "Anchor butter" yellow telescopic umbrella the right way round after continually blowing inside out, or because I'm in training for a trek across the Antarctic.
Those who know me will know that it was because I had my head down & did not notice the entrance to Monks Cross just to my right, & turned left!
I'm not surprised that it made the monks cross, it is a sad place full of boring shops.(photo 4)
Whatever was there before must have been better.
Aj was harassing a little old lady to extract her shopping habits, when I returned, weather beaten.
We had an excellent lunch in JS (2 for £5) then off to Wetherby.

Yesterday aj went to the hairdressers, under duress, whilst I made free with the cif, before hitting the town.
Off to Solihull shortly for a "Granny day".

Obviously, photos 1 & 3 are afters & before of aj.
A puny prize for the first comment recognising the site of photo 2.

4 comments:

William said...

El matador beach CA

Anonymous said...

I shall be sending William a signed photo!
g

william said...

Certainly the California coach but I only just saw it - so littlewilliam beat me to it and don't we all look younger?
wrm

Anonymous said...

No, it's merely G & I. The coach had left early!
This was only three years ago so I still look just as good, thanks to the anti-wrinkle cream.
G is a little more grey.
I'll send you a photo as well, if you like.
g