Tuesday 2 September 2008

Rain, rain go away.......








I have just had a nice cup of tea & a dark chocolate fairy cake, iced, with marbled chocolate on the top.
I deserved it.
Scrummy.

I have a day at home alone today, the first for some weeks.
I have caught up on housework - removal of spiders & cobwebs, cleaned all of the windows & glass, done a mountain of ironing & made a total mess of all every room downstairs.
At this point, I went blackberrying in Castle Lane for a couple of hours.
I have picked about 6lb of fruit, now washed & freezing.
A few moments after I got home with my bounty, the heavens opened, so I sorted the blackberries then sat down with my tea.
I now have to dust & vacuum & put the house to rights. No rush as G is going to the gym tonight.

I had planned to go to the gym & then shop today before I looked around.
I shall settle for feeling self-righteous, everything gleaming, & have a bath before G returns.

5 comments:

iphone said...

Hi you, your blog interesting!

http://funnyvn.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Decided I have housemaids knee and will now abstain from housework.aj

Anonymous said...

I have two housemaid's knees!
You are just looking for excuses.
Your tennis elbow does not stop you from playing tennis.
I have even washed the covers from the settees in the conservatory.
G didn't go to the gym, so the planning was not quite perfect.
g

Anonymous said...

Local bastards have tried to steal my ornamental gate(took the fixing pegs out and laid them ready to go) but didn't see it was tied into hedge with plastic ties, so just pulled it out of shape. Have mended it, wired it to hedge and smeared it in non-essential places with brown sauce.aj

Anonymous said...

Thank God they didn't have any nail scissors with them or the gate would have gone.
York is the favorite UK weekend destination, apparently, with house prices well up, according to a TV programme yesterday.
They didn't mention garden gate thefts!
g