Tuesday 30 September 2008

Well. Blow me!



It has been a surreal evening.
I had a 'phone call at 7.15am from Granville School, to do a day's supply (science).
This fitted in well as I had planned to visit aj, so I could do a day's work & then continue the journey at 3.00pm
I had a pretty hard day at school, the M1 was very busy & there was a breakdown on the A64, otherwise, it was a relaxing day!
AJ cooked us a very nice italian meal (lasagne, tiramisu), then the Police Community Support Officer arrived, to see that all was well & talk about home security.
Of course, all was well, she hardly got a word in edgeways, the TV was on mute & had a programme of willies, as in male parts.
I watched the willies (grotesque) & listened to the banter. Surreal!
AJ was unaware. The PCSO must have wondered what she had wandered into.
I eventually turned if off, with an "Oh dear, I don't know what this is"
The PCSO was fun; her best line was to offer AJ her e-mail address!
AJ pointed out that it would be of little use at present as she no longer had a computer.
She eventually angled her bike out of the front porch & cycled off into the night.

I have had a comment that I made little note of the oysters.
They arrived on plates, opened, with lemon wedges.
I swallowed the first, chewed the second & declined the third, prefering the champagne.
I note that they did not bring a smile to the face as they taste merely of sea water & lemon, not chocolate.
Perhaps they would be better flash fried in olive oil, on a bagette.
We are now watching Jamie Oliver - quite an eye - opener all round.

Tomorrow we shall do York & have coffee in M&S & dine out.

1 comment:

william said...

They are good grilled with cheese on!
wrm