Wednesday 27 February 2008

What happened to Tuesday?

I remembered.
I played with Thomas all day, came home & fell aseep.
We went to bed & were woken up at 1.00am by an earthquake, which gently wobbled the house & then rattled the bedroom window.
G tells me that he was actually woken by me poking him to tell him that there was an earthquake.
That doesn't happen every night!

AJ went on the Ryanair site & booked 1p flights for us. We are going to Dublin in April.
Great!

This morning we spent some time on the internet & phone to each other, booking a hotel.
We have chosen Leesons, near the city centre. Please don't comment that it's rubbish.
We hope that they don't think that wer'e a "hen party"!
I then went to the gym & did the best workout ever, so had to reward myself at M&S with a skinny decaf cappacino (& a piece of cake).
I food shopped, bought a "touch" lamp for G at BHS as his no longer responds to his touch! (familiarity?) & he has to get out of bed every night to turn it off.
These lamps are great as they have three levels of brightness so you can come round gently(unless the wife is awake & talking!)

A request from Kingsbury on the answerphone, to go in for four days during National Science Week.
Brill. Most enjoyable & the holiday paid for.

Diane & Steve came to dinner - salad with pears, walnuts & brie, then baked gammon with normandy potatoes, roast celeriac & garlic(parboil next time, whatever the recipe says) & purple sprouting, followed by lemon cake & coffee by the fire.
All in all, another great day!

We bought this card at the Arboretum on Sunday, for William:


3 comments:

William said...

ansaphone?!?!?!
Dublin sounds like fun, I have never left the airport there!

Anonymous said...

Answerphone?
Iv'e lost the thread on this.

We avoided the Dublin hotels with "popular bars" or "surrounded by...."
Snoring, yes, nightlife, no!
I have a "Fireman Sam" & a "Ballymorie" CDin the Ringsted bag.
No Hemingway, yet.
m

Anonymous said...

I like the card!
I liked Dublin. Maybe I should see if we could get 1p flights.
MK