Wednesday 6 February 2008

Home again, & not even missed!

Aj's laptop wouldn't let me blog last night - a truculent, Yorkshire mouse, I suspect.
I drove to York to see aj on Tuesday am, we had a high-speed gossip & set off, walking, then the top deck of a bus, for the city centre.
A light lunch & some excellent sales shopping in M & S, followed by a market research interview on "Muller yoghurt", the payment for which paid for the shopping.
Did you know that the aforementioned dairy product is made in Shropshire with locally sourced ingredients?
We evaluated possible stands for a country fair, which included a game, throwing balls at a large map of GB, with Shropshire as the goal.
At least I learnt where Shropshire is.
We walked/bussed home for tea (top deck again) & then off to a squash match.
This was at/against the "Next generation" gym. I carried aj's spare racquet to gain access & did my workout whilst aj played (wiping the floor with all opponents)
We all ate in the bar then home by 10.30pm for a glass of wine & bed.

This am we walked to Acomb, did the charity shops then home for an early lunch, before taking aj to the station to go to work in Leeds.
I drove to Wetherby, parked by the river & tootled around the town for a couple of hours.
After long deliberations & a cup of coffee, I bought the Radley bag that Father Christmas had failed to source.
I recommend Wetherby; a lovely drive from York, interesting little shops, friendly locals & a mere hop back onto the A1.
I arrived home with wonderful healthy food to cook for dinner (salmon, Thai style).
G had not missed me.
He had been busy.
He did really, but I hadn't answered my mobile phone.
I shall just blog the pictures one day & you can make up the day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't know the yoghurt but do know the cheese from Shropshire and A E Houseman's "A Shropshire Lad" - Lovliest of trees the cherry now is my fave.
I remember my teaching practice at Acomb! - pronounced Aircum
I remember going to Wetherby with you - I always liked it.
wrm

Anonymous said...

Your comment got there whilst I found the pics - this is a slow process as I always have to file them all & post them twice. There is always an error on the first attempt. I assume that the error is my assumption that I have mastered this blogging lark, & accept that I always do it twice.
You must know "muller", with an umlaut - traditional Shropshire name!

William said...

Sounds like a nice little trip. We are looking forward to seeing you tomorrow. Have any parcels arrived?

Anonymous said...

Mullerman with an umlaut is German for dustman (garbage man in the US)
wrm

Anonymous said...

Plenty of visiting going on then! (Our offer of tea was rejected though!)

Glad to hear that Santa's shortcomings were rectified.

Ben

Anonymous said...

I have done a lot of driving this week. I should have loved to go to Bicester to tea but I had some jobs to do before going to cph, G was home early & I'm off again tomorrow.