Thursday 28 February 2008

A carbon neutral day.

I may be wrong there, but I didn't go out in the car today & I did a lot of manual tasks.

I hung out the first washing to go on the line this year (+), then did a pile of ironing (-).
The mole was excavating a new hill as I hung out the washing so I got out a spade & a pitchfork with great haste & returned to the "hill".
The spade could not cut through the tough grass, so I resorted to the pitchfork, having dealt with my conscience first. I don't know if I have a mole death on my conscience. Time will tell.
The electricity man came in a big red coat, to read the meter, which we found in the garage (0).
I got ready to go to the gym, but decided that it was such a nice day that I should garden instead.
Four hours later I had done all of the borders around the house, taken four barrowloads of waste up the field & washed the car. The highlight was when an small mammal ran from behind the pear tree just as I was about to rummage in it's hidey-hole. Shreik! (0)
How many calories did that use?
I ran the dyson around a pretty clean downstairs & stairs (-), lit a fire & cooked dinner.(-)

My day in pictures:




Moley, eyes shut. Perhaps he's playing "dead".



Your bonus picture - a cool Jeremy, having a nappy job - soon be out of them!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you went into the field opposite just to get those bay-windows out of the photo! Good idea it looks very nice and the field is green.
WRM

William said...

I don't think vacuuming is carbon neutral! It seems that spring is no the way here as there are buds on everything and a green tint appearing on the hedges. Bring it on!

Anonymous said...

I knew that I would be picked up on household appliances.

The photo was taken from Moathouse Lane, with a lens.
m/g