Monday 23 February 2015

The last lap, for a while!

had an energetic splurge this morning, changed the beds, did two loads of washing and cleaned all through the downstairs before sallying forth to meet Jan for coffee in Pret in Solihull, then on to collect J and Th from school.
Pret a Manger was brilliant as ever - lovely coffee and food served with a smile, Jan great company, therapy with a giggle!
J and Th were on good form despite the bitterly cold wind and rain as we walked home (I did beat Th, 5-4 at football, for a change)

Walsgrave hospital phoned during coffee to ask me to go in at noon tomorrow for the repair to my macular hole and lens replacement, so all systems go.
B has offered to fetch and carry me, am coming down to keep me company whilst confined to the house.

I filled the car with diesel on the way home and did a little shopping at M&S, home by 8.30pm
What do you do when you know that you won't be driving again for a couple of months?
A full tank of fuel and bread in the freezer seemed like a good start.
Home to do all that ironing and remake the beds before dinner, so a late night.

I can't remember what the instruction sheet says for admission to Walsgrave, apart from "have a shower or bath and wear loose fitting clothing"
I must read it in the morning, after the bath and before making a large batch of oat cookies, to use up the Carnation milk in the fridge.

I've spoken to M, who had two new lenses fitted last year - a mine of calming info and wisdom.
Amazing that a little hole in the back of your eye can be mended and a perfect lens put in place of a dodgy one to preserve your sight.
Blogging with mono vision and an eye patch tomorrow, me hearties!

No comments: