Thursday 12 February 2015

Henry V111

I'm about to catch up my viewing of "Wolf Hall" - a brilliant series using new cameras so that the lighting is realistic for the 16th century - candlelight.
After a great start there has been criticism about the lighting and confusion of the number of characters......
I have the advantage of having read the book a couple of years ago, an Xmas gift from W and MK and one of the best books I have ever read - it did take some determination to become familiar with all of the characters, helped by the family tree supplied.
I'm well on with the sequel "Bring up the bodies", but having a rest as not really holiday reading  and busy since then.

A day of baking  - 2 Victoria sponges, 2 chocolate cakes and a carrot cake, all NT recipes, but sponge cakes recipes are just that.
The carrot cake is really good - oil and lots of carrots with butter, cream cheese and icing sugar combined as a topping.
One of each for tomorrow's coffee and cake morning, a Vic sponge for Maurice's b'day cake - 82 today, and a choc cake for a friend,

The day started with a visit to JA for eggs and a chat, not too early as I slept until 9.00am after failing to get to sleep until about 2.30am - a chance to catch up on reading the paper anyway.
House polished and vacuumed so perhaps I'll sleep with a clear conscience tonight - I think that I was stressing about having agreed to take the service on Ash Wednesday (D off sick still), not knowing when I will be available until after the hospital visit on Sunday and aware that reading small print is challenging on a dark evening in shustoke church at the best of times.
After some discussion, we're cancelling the service - I don't actually like it much, if I'm honest, anyway.

Recording refusing to play - freeview box fighting back this week.
Perhaps BT will send a new one.
Bed instead, with DT and crossword.

No comments: